Pre-covid, I was doing a lot of public speaking and loved it. I noticed a few key takeaways from speeches that stuck with the audience vs. speeches that did not. I get asked a lot about how I prepare for my speeches, so I thought I would add my tips for those who are curious!
Here’s the trick. Find your MAIN THEME, and find 3 – 5 stories that further illustrate this main theme.
To get started writing your speech, define:
- What do you want the audience to remember?
- Illustrate where you are going with the speech and tell this to your audience
- Back up each point with a story
- Actionable takeaways
1. Main Point: The Five Phrases That Can Change Your Life
2. Main Point: If You Cannot Measure It, It Doesn’t Exist Or is Wrong.
3. Main Point: Change Your Closet, Change Your Life
4. Jesse Itzler VeeCon Speech
5. Drew Houston: Tennis Ball, Circle, 30,000